Dries Van Noten's Inspirations

.
 I'd rather leave this post much obscure and image-heavy. You may all know that this is the Dries Van Noten 'Inspirations' exhibition at Musee des Arts Decoratifs in Paris. What you may not know, is that all exhibition visitors are constantly being chased for taking pictures, so most of the shots took less than 5 seconds to aim and focus with the phone set to mute to avoid that embarrassing camera click that gathers much stewards' attention, nevermind the subject and the frame, not even thinking of using the real camera.
So this is what I spied with my little Samsung Galaxy eye. Shame, because most of the exhibited clothing pieces I have actually held in my own hands while working at Stijl, styled them into the shop window and sold them to beautiful people, so I haven't got much clue where that need for secrecy comes from. And yet I took two turns around the exhibition, peered in every glass and read every explanation. It was a dark but refreshing plunge, somewhat similar to the captivating excerpt from Jane Campion's  'The Piano'.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment